SL-LMX-17010 Xtreme Loco magnets (2) and 3M adhesive pads (2)
Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets - Xtreme Power - Low Profile - MADE IN USA
Compatible to and more powerful than the LGB 17010 magnet
Small size and superior strength fits on locos where the LGB 17010 and Massoth 8420102 magnets do not.
Compatible with our SL-TC-17100 & SL-TC-17100-nt-xx track contacts as well as LGB's 1700 & 17100 track contacts .
Shourt Line Direct Discount Price: $11.95 (two loco magnets) New
For questions on this item or details on our professional layout design and installation services Call 310-622-4431 or email us at info@ShourtLine.com
These Xtreme power rare earth magnets will trigger track contacts up to 5 cm (~2 inches). Like the original LGB magnets, they are polarized so that one of the sides is North while the other is South. This is the reason that other magnets do not work with track contacts.
- Dimensions: 21.2L x 25.2W x 4.2H mm (.83"x1"x.065") Height includes the 3M pad which is 5.8 mm (.22")
- Works with LGB, Aristo Craft, Bachman, USA and other manufacturer's locomotives
- 2 each Loco magnets
- 2 each 3M adhesive strips for attaching magnets to locos
- Made in the USA (manufactured and assembled in the USA from USA raw materials)
Each magnet contains a north and south rare earth magnet (under the raised areas at one side of the mounting plate) with a field magnification plate to increase the field strength and the rare earth magnets are each nickel plated, coated with primmer and three coats of water proof and rust resistant enamel.
Each magnet has a 3M outdoor adhesive pad on its back for easy attachment to any desired surface.
No tools are required to install.
Comparison to other loco Magnets:
The LMX Xtreme power loco magnet has up to 2X the strength of other loco magnets as shown above while having the smallest possible size to allow flexible placement.
Notice the small size allows easy placement outside the 'loco magnet' area and between the two motor block screws.
In the development of the LMX Xtreme loco magnet we tested both the height of activation and length of activation as a Loco passes over the a track contact. We tested all types of track contacts with the LMX loco magnet and found that our Shourt Line track contacts produced the maximum height and length results with all types of loco magnets but the combination of our track contacts and the LMX loco magnet exceeded all other products on the market.
Length of activation test:
To test the length of activation we placed a Shourt Line track contact under a section of LGB track and connected the output leads to a Fluke Multi meter set to Ohms reading as shown below:
Any track contacts can be used with Shourt Line loco magnets, however our Shourt Line track contacts shown above provides the greatest current rating and sensitivity as well as invisible operation inside the railroad tie
We then measured the length of contact activation as well as the resistance reading for each type of loco magnet and with different loco magnet placements. Here is an animated sequence showing the length of contact closure with the LMX and Shourt Line track contact.
Height of activation test:
We also tested the activation height for each loco magnet with track contacts and found the combination of the Shourt Line track contact and LMX provided over 2X the distance, up to 2 inch between the loco bottom and the track contact.
During the testing we found that all loco magnets were adversely affected by placement near the magnetic field of a loco's motor. Many locos have a depression for placement of a loco magnet, however this area is directly under the locos motor and a poor choice for loco magnet placement. Although the Shourt Line LMX does work in this area its peak performance is archived by placing it outside this area as shown in the install instructions below. This is true for all loco magnets but only the Shourt Line compact loco magnets allow for placement outside the 'magnet area' on some locos.
The LMX has a unique magnetic field pattern optimized for both direct EPL switch operation and electronic feedback control using LGB or Massoth feedback, reverse loop and breaking modules or any other third party electronic sensing devices.
Easy to install: takes less than 60 seconds!
The animated sequence shows the steps to install
Detailed step by step instructions:
- The SL-LM-17010 Loco Magnet will fit on the bottom of any G scale Loco or car by mounting so the two dots are facing down and parallel to your railroad ties..
- On the flat side of the SL-LM-17010 Loco Magnet there is an adhesive pad with red protective cover.
- Peel the red backing off the adhesive pad as shown
- Remove and discard the red protective cover
- Press the LMX to the desired location on your loco or car. Reposition easily if you change your mind by lifting the magnet off and relocating.
Note that this loco magnet fits in locations and on locos where the LGB and Massoth magnets do not fit as shown above. The magnet can be located in the recessed area on some locos but best placement is away from the locos motor, so placement outside this area is best for maximum field strength.
- The LMX magnet is stronger than all other loco magnets so it can be placed a greater distance from your track contacts to allow use on cars as well as greater placement flexibility.
- Run your trains! Use the LMX loco magnet to automate your railroad by activating switches, signals, sound effects or signaling a central station or PC to perform other actions. (Train and track not included with magnets).
Automate lighting and sound effects using our LMX loco magnet and SL-TC-1705 Track Contracts to trigger special effects as shown below. (Animated Santa available as a separate item from the Shourt Line eBay Store or email us below)
Made in the USA - 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
For indoor or outdoor use.
Questions? Email info@ShourtLine.com by clicking here
Thanks for looking - Shourt Line by Soft Works Ltd.
copyright 2010 ShourtLine.com - Soft Works Ltd. all rights reserved