||Home & New Product News
New Item for 2016
Shourt Line SL 8204230 QUAD (4) LED Soft White Opal Light Fixtures for short cars DC/DCC w 2ea mounting Screws and 2ea 18 inch Power Cables for short to medium length G Scale Cars - requires an SL LED controller
Ready to run; pre-wired - ready to run with an optional SL LED controller
Shourt Line Product Number: No. SL 8204230 Prewired ready to install
Shourt Line Direct Discount Price: $19.95 New
An SL LED controller is required for operation, use the SL 8452403 for battery operation or the
SL 8453003 for AC,DC or DCC track power. When dimming is not required or space is a premium use the new SL 8352403 for battery operation or the new SL 8353003 for AC, DC or DCC track power. All SL LED controllers can operate dozens of lighting fixtures or over 200 LEDs at up to 94% efficiency, 6 times more efficient than any other product.
Direct From Manufacturer- Made in the USA
Ordering Notes: Please let us know the following when ordering;
- For LGB Roof interior installations use the 4 screws supplied to mount on the roof studs of the car.
- For Non-LGB car installations use the FREE SL LGB Mounting Plate (request at time of order) that mounts in seconds to the roof of any car using the attached 3M adhesive pad.
The 4 LED lighting set installs in minutes with only a screw driver. (LGB track & car shown above not included)
For questions on this item or details on our professional repair, restoration and digital sound decoder installation services Call 310-622-4431 or email us at info@ShourtLine.com
The first of its kind prototypical interior lighting fixtures; no more circuit boards or self adhesive LED strips, you would not allow them on the ceiling of you home so why put them on your railroad, they do not distribute light properly, are ugly, inefficient and can damage your cars.
This new prototypical easy to use G-Scale lighting fixtures work on any long length car. The lamp shades feature a Tiffany style Opal white diffused reflector for soft warm white lighting. An SL LED controller is required for operation and are both the most efficient and lowest cost. They are available in roof, wall or under car mounting versions with optional anti-flicker, super capacitor and battery options for AC, DC, DCC or battery power operation.
The 4 LED fixture and SL LED controller is the only solution for up to 94% efficiency with any type of power. The high efficiency means no heat generation so no more melted roofs caused by by other products. As little as 8 ma of DCC track current is required to operate the 4 light fixture making this the lowest power lighting available today, no other product is even close to the efficiency. On analog power you lighting will be full on at slow loco speeds (track power) and efficiency is still up to 94%, the best in the industry. The next closest product is less than 20% efficient at full track voltage.
In addition to the 4 LED Tiffany style Opal fixture shown here we offer 8, 12 and 14 LED versions for long cars as well as 4, 6 and 8 LED versions for short and med length cars. Versions for loco cabs, work cars and all style and size cabooses are also available, you can even be your own lighting director using the single 1 LED Opal lamp fixtures with 3M adhesive pads for instantly adding light wherever you desire. Adding additional Opal lamp fixtures to a car creates soft and realistic lighting and does NOT increase the power requirements it only makes lighting more distributed and prototypical.
- Prototypical Lighting
- Pre-wired for any long G Scale car (non-LGB cars use our optional mounting plate for any roof)
- Best Lighting solution for any type of power; analog (DC), AC, DCC or Battery with an SL LED Controller
- Lowest power, with an SL LED Controller
- 8 ma at 22 volts, the lowest current of any product available.
- Highest output at slow loco speeds and full brightness with no track power when SL buffers used..
- Up to 94% efficient, highest efficiency of any product available with an SL LED Controller.
- The reason why using the SL LED lighting with controller draws the least current of any other product is that White LEDs operate at about 3 volts DC and if your track voltage is 18 volts, the 15 volt difference in voltage is wasted as heat by all other products, period.
- At 18 volts input voltage all other systems at at BEST 3/18ths or 16% efficient where ours is up to 94%
- Over 6X more efficient that any other product
- Life time warranty when used with SL LED controllers (return to dealer or Shourt Line for repair or replacement)
- Prototypical Appearance The only interior lamp fixtures based on real fixtures and no visible circuit boards, electronic parts, sockets or wiring (with the exception of input and output SL power micro cables
- Work with any style roof from any manufacturer
- Pre-wired ready to use in minutes
- Prototypical power cables
- Warm white flat LEDs match the color temperature of your locos lighting.
- LEDs are mounted in Tiffany style opal white lamp shades that produce soft diffused prototypical lighting
- Easy and fast mounting in minutes
- Easy hookup
- Works with any track power AC, DC (analog) or DCC or battery power with an SL LED controller
- Works with any voltage: 3-30 Volts when used with an SL LED controller
- Hidden wiring
- Low cost
- Soft Lighting provided by Tiffany style opal white lamp shades
- Warm white flat top wide angle LEDs are enhanced diffused and create a soft lighting with the Opal shades
- High output LEDs for maximum light
- Maximum current per LED 23 milliamps (.023 amps)
- Operating Voltage 3.1 Volts DC (SL LED regulator required for operation)
- Fixture size: designed for LGB short to med length cars
- Opal Lamp Shade Dimensions: 28mm dia. x 8mm high
- Power wires: 2 each two conductor micro power cables 460mm(18") long X 24 AWG
- 2 stainless steel mounting screws for LGB roof mounting
- Free mounting adapter for cars without LGB mounting studs (just ask for it when ordering)
- Optional SL LED controller required for operation
- Made in the USA by the Shourt Line
4 Light fixture (for seating or general car area illumination):
- LGB short to med length cars: Use the two supplied mounting screws to attach of the 4 lamp fixture to the roof mounting studs located on the inside of the car roof. Use the free SL LGB mounting plate (request one when ordering) with 3M high temperature self adhesive pad that mount on any roof interior without center of car mounting posts.
- Non-LGB cars: For cars without LGB style mounting studs use the free SL LGB mounting Plate (request one when ordering). Screw the 4 light fixtures to the SL Mounting Plate, peel off red cover of the 3M pad and apply to a clean surface on at the desired location. The lighting fixture can be removed if desired, by removing the mounting screws.
Optional end of car porch Light fixtures are available separately (free wiring when ordered with a fixture)
- LGB or Non-LGB cars: Solder the long stripped wire to any LED wire connected to a red wire (positive), solder the short stripped wire to any LED wire connected to a green wire (negative). Clean the roof where you want to mount the light with an alcohol wipe, peel off the red backing and position as desired.
Optional exterior coach lamp LEDs are available separately (free wiring when ordered with a fixture):
- LGB or Non-LGB cars: Solder the long stripped wire to any LED wire connected to a red wire (positive), solder the short stripped wire to any LED wire connected to a green wire (negative). Snap the LED mounting into a coach lamp and route wires as desired.
Powering the 4 LED fixture: Route one of the pre-wired 18 inch LED power leads from the light fixture to a roof, wall or under car mounted SL LED Regulator or run to a car that already has power from an SL LED controller. To route power coming from the bottom of the car place one of the fixture power cables into a hole in your car.
When routing power from another car or loco at coupler height or when using an under car SL LED controller route one of the fixture power cables through a hole in the bottom of the car.
When using an under car SL LED controller, connect the wires to the Output of an SL LED controller as shown above, be sure to connect the smooth cable to the + output and the cable with ridges to the - (negative) output. Always test your SL LED controller BEFORE installing by following the SL LED controller directions.
Connect the power input terminals to either a SL Power pickup kit or SL BB Wheel short connector kit (see above) or use the 18 inch cable that comes with all under car SL LED controllers.
Secure the under car SL LED controller (with your choice of 2 second anti-flicker[shown above] or 1,2,4 or 10 minute run w/o power buffer) with the two stainless steel screws provided. Note that LGB cars have mounting holes on all short and mid length cars for mounting.
Connect to your choice of power:
- Ball Bearing Wheels and SL 4128516 Short Power Connector Cable (shown above)
- PIKO 36167 Ball Bearing Power Pickup wheel sets - no connector supplied
- LGB 67403 Ball Bearing Power Pickup wheel sets - solder terminals provided
- Metal Wheels and SL Power Pickup kit
- LGB metal spoke or solid wheels and SL 6011602 Power Pickup Set for LGB or PIKO Metal Wheels
- PIKO plated solid metal wheels and SL 6011602 Power Pickup Set for PIKO Metal Wheels
- Loco power jack using either:
- SL 4128210 LGB round mini-banana power connector kit: 2 plugs, 2 sockets red & black
- SL 4128310 LGB square 2 pin power connector kit: 1 socket (F) with 8" wire, 1 plug (M)
- Car with track power
- Contact us for connector options
For powering from a loco or another car: Route one of the LED power cables to the next car that has LED power using a Shourt Line SL 4128210 LGB round mini-banana power connector kit. For LGB square style power connectors use a Shourt Line SL 4128310 LGB square 2 pin power connector kit. SL 4128410 LED connectors can also be used for either LED voltage or track/battery voltage distribution.
For powering from lighting boards in additional cars: Use SL 4128410 LED connectors for car to car LED power
Two 18" micro power cables provided can be used to connect to cars on each side by stringing the cars from roof to roof or by connecting at the coupler level for a brake hose appearance. Please contact the Shourt Line for help in selecting best lighting solution for your cars and type of train control and track voltage.
LEDs have replaced bulbs for in most model railroad applications because LEDs:
- Consume less than 1/10 the power of bulbs
- Operate over a 50,000 hours
- Come in different colors and color temperatures
- Run at low voltages depending on the forward voltage of the LED which varies by the color of the LED
- Are easy to wire using SL LED controllers using parallel wiring without dropping resistors
How do SL LED controllers and light fixtures provide superior prototypical lighting at 1/6 the power of all other products?
- They are 94% efficient. SL LED controllers convert any available power to the voltage required by LEDs at up to 94% efficiency, all other products use wither dropping resistors and/or linear voltage or current controllers that produce the required voltage/current for an LED by dumping excess voltage as heat. This is why their products get hot and in many cases have to be attached to a metal heat sink to dissipate the heat. Consider the case where power in coming from a track voltage of 22 volts. White LEDs operate at about 3 volts so the difference between 22 volts and 3 volts, or 19 volts has be turned to heat by all other products which makes their efficiency 3/19 or 16%. This means if the LEDs consume 20ma each and you have 10 in a car the power used by the LEDS is 200ma or .2 amps (ma = 1/1000 of an amp). Power is voltage X current so the LEDs use 3VX200ma=600mw (1mw = 1/1000 watt) or about 1/2 watt.
- They operate cool to the touch! The power lost as heat is 19v*200ma = 3,600mw or 3.6 watts or about 6 times the power used by the LEDs is turned to HEAT! This amount of heat can melt the roof of your car! The SL LED controllers, by contrast, are 94% efficient and generate only 6% heat not the 84% heat generated by all other products. The SL LED controller at this level is actually cool to the touch!
- They use high efficiency DC to DC converters. The reason SL controllers are able to do this is by the use of a high frequency DC to DC converter circuit that lowers the voltage with only 6% not used by the LEDs. This also provides a method of dimming and controlling the voltage output efficiently. The controller IC regulates the voltage output precisely, regardless of output variation or input voltage variations so your lighting is always the brightness you set. No more dimming lightings as you lower track voltage!
- SL LED fixtures are prototypical in design:
- They are prototypically placed. They are located over passenger seats, not clustered around a narrow pc board or lighting strip located in the center line of a car
- They diffuse the light. They are designed to produce a diffused soft light with a large 28mm (1.1") diameter Opal White translucent lamp shade for each LED.
- They are modeled after real fixtures
- They are NOT bare LEDs stuck on a PC board or adhesive strip
When are anti-flicker, power buffers or batteries required and what should you use?
Anti-flicker, power buffers and batteries store and deliver power when there is a power interruption or no power is available.
When track power is used to run lighting, the power must be picked up from the track and delivered to the LEDs. This is done either by using the power pickups of a loco or adding a power pickup device to one or more cars. If a loco has sufficient power pickup points it can deliver the track power without interruption and no flicker is apparent in the lighting.
LED lighting using analog track power
Analog track power train operation must choose at what voltage they want the lighting to be full on and for how long when track voltage is below this track voltage level. White LEDS must have at least 3 volts for low brightness, ~3.1 volts for medium brightness and ~3.2 volts for maximum brightness. All lighting systems that use track power must have a full wave bridge to rectify track voltage in order to have power in both forward and reverse direction (track polarity) and this will lower the voltage by two diode drops or about 1.2 volts so the minimum voltage for full brightness is 4.4 volts without any circuitry. Any product that advertises less than this is not being truthful. The SL LED controllers require 4.5 volts for full brightness plus the full wave bridge (1.2 volts) or 5.7 volts for full brightness or less when dimming.
For those who really need to run full brightness at 4.4 volts or zero volts of track voltage use either our SL 68193104 or SL 88193104 9Ahr 3.2V rechargeable li-ion battery Buffer UPS - LED power source & LED controller in under car waterproof case that can power 100 LEDs for up to 4 hours without track power.
If you want to run full brightness at 3 volts of track power without batteries use the SL track voltage booster before an SL LED controller for the lowest possible track voltage operation possible. Contact us for details. This devices is also great for analog trains with high voltage pulse smokers or other high voltage devices at very low track voltage.
How to have full lighting at little or no track voltage
Anti-Flicker devices are used for short term power storage so when a loco or car power pickup system looses power when passing over a switch track or bad section of track, the power remains and no flicker is present in the lighting. Power buffers and batteries can also eliminate flicker. Most anti-flicker devices are simple capacitors with a circuit to limit the charging current and avoid looking like a short to the controller when power is first applied. Most power buffers are Super capacitors circuits that store far more power than a simple capacitor and require far more current to change and therefore must limit the current when power is first applied. Power Buffers make good anti-flicker devices and can power all the lighting on a train for for 30 to 90 seconds. This is useful for analog trains so that the lighting stays on when a passenger train pulls into a station. It is useful as well for DCC users when they choose to cut the power to stop a train or trolley and want the lighting and sounds to stay on. Batteries can also be used for anti-flicker and to keep lighting on when no power is present, in some cases for many hours.
Super Capacitor or SCaps are the best choice for low maintenance as they can be charged and discharged over 1,000,000 times, capacitors have a life of about 50,000 change/discharge cycles and batteries are the worst choice as they have less than 600 change/discharge cycle life and need replacement quite often. I have 25 year old LGB sound locos with super caps that still work perfectly without any maintenance of the buffer system. Batteries should be the last choice if when maintenance and replacement cost is an issue.
What size anti-flicker, power buffer or battery depends on the number of LEDs and the amount of time you want the lighting to stay on.
The SL anti-flicker, power buffers and battery systems are rated in seconds or minutes per 8 LEDs.
Your choice of anti-flicker, power buffer or battery system depends on:
- Type of power; Analog (DC), AC, DCC/MTS or Battery
- Type of track power pickup
- The number of power pickup points
- The voltage on the track when running trains
- The number of LEDs
- The current or dimming level of LEDs
- Mounting choice
- Under car
- Inside car
- Inside car on wall
- Inside roof
- Under seating
- Cover, Case, Skin choice
- No cover
- 3 Side cover
- 5 Side case
- 6 side case
- Car length
- Car type
Please contact us for help in choosing the best system to meet your requirements.
Options: (see our store for details)
- How to choose the best system options (At least one SL LED controller per train is REQUIRED for safe LED operation)
An SL LED controller is required with this SL LED fixture.
The SL controller both regulates and dims over 200 LEDs at up to 94% efficiency and at 3 to 35 volts
There are many choices for mounting the SL LED controller; on the inside of the roof, on the inside wall of a car, under a car.
There are several choices of anti-flicker and buffer types and sizes.
The best choice for your train depends on:
- Is the type of power you use analog (DC), DCC (AC power), battery power or a combination of these?
- Is the lighting's source of power from the track or battery?
- Is power run from car to car, or does each car pickup power from the track or have its own battery?
- How many LEDs are run from your power source?
- Do you want to be able to adjust or dim the brightness lighting?
- At what track voltage do want your lighting to operate?
- How long do you want your lighting to be on when the power source is not available?
Regardless of how you answer these questions, the SL LED controller is your best choice for controlling and dimming your lighting because it works best for all three power sources, analog, DCC and battery and is up to 94% efficient. That is 6 times more efficient than ANY other product on the market! At full track voltage an SL LED controller is 60 times more efficient and generates only 6% the heat of any other product. That means no melting roofs or lighting that consumes more power than your locos motors.
Please contact us to learn the best options for your needs and we will be happy to help with safe, efficient and prototypical lighting for your layout
- Optional Lighting fixtures:
Single Opal lamp fixtures are available to use anywhere you want to add lighting. The wire in parallel with any of the LEDs of the 4 LED fixture. The long stripped wire is positive and connects to the red wire connected LED leads. The short stripped wire is negative and connects to the green wire connected LED leads. Here are suggestions for adding fixtures:
- Use one (1) each optional SL 1 LED fixtures with a flat mounting plate & 3M pad to attach over the outside door.
- Use two (2) each optional SL 1 LED fixtures with a sloped mounting plate & 3M pad to attach over either side of the entrance door to illuminate the steps to the car platform.
- Track Power Pickup Options:
- For LGB or other makes of short to mid length cars use one of our SL Opal lamp fixture for short cars with one of these options or the ball bearing power pickup wheel sets shown above:
- SL 6011604 low drag Power Pickup Set with LGB spoke or solid metal wheels
Use the SL 6011604 low drag Power Pickup Set with LGB spoke or solid metal wheels on short car 1 axle trucks.
- SL 6011602 ultra low drag Power Pickup Set with PIKO chrome plated wheels
Use the Shourt Line SL 6011602 pre-wired cable connector set with PIKO 36167 wheel sets on LGB 1 axle trucks
- For any make or model long or short cars use this option:
- SL 4128510 pre-wired or the SL 4128410 cable 4 connector set with PIKO 36167 or LGB 67403 Ball Bearing Power Pickup wheel sets
Use the Shourt Line SL 4128510 long pre-wired cable connector set (shown above) or the SL 4128516 Short pre-wired power cable connector with the PIKO 36167 or LGB 67403 Ball Bearing Power Pickup wheel sets with any make of G scale cars.
SL 4128410 4 each Phosphor Bronze plated 1 amp connectors and heat shrink tubing do it yourself kit for with the PIKO 36167 or LGB 67403 Ball Bearing Power Pickup wheel sets.
- For LGB long cars use this option:
- Optional but required SL LED Controller:
The heart of our lighting system the SL 8452403 LED controller that is so efficient that it can power a 10 LEDs in a car with only 20 ma. at full track voltage. That is less than 1/6th the nearest competition. The secret is the high frequency DC to DC switching converted that is up to 94% efficient. All other products are less than 16% efficient at full track voltage.
SL 8452403 LED controller is so accurate that from 1 to 300 LEDS can be wired in parallel and remain constant brightness regardless of variations in input voltage. This makes adding LEDs easy, just wire in parallel. NO MORE dripping resistors or counting LEDS.
SL 8452403 LED controller for battery power or DC power source
Use the SL 8452403 LED controller for battery power (not included with item)
SL 8453003LED controller for powering from AC, DC or DCC track power
Use the SL 8453003 LED controller for powering from AC, DC or DCC track power (not included with item)
Shown above on the left inside wall is an SL 7453003 3 Side Snap On Cover (not included with set) that hides an SL LED controller while providing access to its brightness and dimming adjustment screw. Under the cover is an optional SL 8453003 LED controller/dimmer (not included with set) for powering up to 300 leds from AC, DC, DCC or battery power. The lighting is easily adjusted using the dimmer built into the SL 8453003 LED controller shown above.
- Anti-Flicker Options (LED controller required):
- For anti-flicker use the following (note that the size of the capacitor is dependent on the number of LEDs you have)
- SL 6111330 33,000uF Anti-flicker Buffer
- SL 6111220 22,000uF Anti-flicker Buffer
- SL 6111100 10,000uF Anti-flicker Buffer
- SL 6111068 6,800uF Anti-flicker Buffer
- SL 6111047 4,700uF Anti-flicker Buffer shown below with an SL 8453003 LED controller for up to 300 LEDs, use our 3 side cover or 5 side case when mounting inside a car
One SL 8453003 LED controller can power and dim dozens of lighting boards or Opal Lamp fixtures, add an SL buffer for anti flicker or powering up to 3 minutes without any track power (SL 6132104 shown), add one PIKO ball bearing pickup or the SL low drag power pickup set to connect to track power. Items shown above are not included with the lighting board but are available at our store.
- Power buffer Options (an SL LED Regulator is also required):
- For running lights when when an analog train is stopped without track power use the following:
- SL 6102104 2.5 Farad Gold Cap 11 Volt buffer for over 6 minutes of lighting without track power
- SL 6132104 2.5F 11V Super Cap Buffer NO-CASE, separately wired caps for inside car, low cost, >5min/8 LEDs
- Battery Power buffer with built in SL LED Regulator in a weather proof case for under or inside car placement:
For over 10 hours of full lighting with live steam, battery or analog trains when stopped or at low speed (track voltage), use the following:
SL 68193104 SL-XLSUPS Shourt Line Extreme Lighting Uninterruptible Power Source for short cars (shown below)
SL 88193104 SL-XLLUPS Shourt Line Extreme Lighting Uninterruptible Power Source for long cars
- Small size: 3.3 x 1.6 x 0.8 inch case size
- Mounts with the mounting holes on all LGB short cars (model SL 68193104)
- Under or inside car mounting on any long or short length car
- An enclosed weather proof (waterproof optional) case with stainless steel mounting screws
- Screw Terminals for easy install in minutes
- High energy UPS 10Ahr 3.7V rechargeable li-ion battery
- SL- LED controller/dimmer
- SL-Li-IonChg Li-ion auto charger for any type track power over 8 volts or use the built in USB 5 volt charger port
- Power this SL 4 LED fixture for over 4 hours!
- Power 80 LEDs for over 12 minutes without any power!
- Long life Li-ion battery with low discharge rate while off
- ON-OFF light switch.
- Short Circuit Protected
- Reverse Polarity Protected
- USB changing port (5 volts)
- Automatically uses track power over 6.5 volts and not battery power
Perfect for live steam, battery, analog powered trains at no or low track voltage or displays where power is not available or intermittently available such as train barns with powered sections of track. A battery charge circuit is built in for automatically charging from DCC, AC or DC track power over 8 volts or any 5 volt source using the built in USB port for charging.
The ultimate UPS for train lighting hidden in plane sight under your car! Light up your whole train 100 LEDs for up to 10 hours without any track power!
SL 68193104 SL-XLUPS Shourt Line Extreme Lighting Uninterruptible Power Source for short cars (shown above)
- Weatherproof Case + LED Controller - Dimmer + Super Capacitor Buffer Options:
- These LED Controllers with super capacitor buffers feature a weather proof case for mounting under long or short cars or inside any car. Any of the Cases below be made full waterproof when desired, contact us for user instructions.
- Cases with ** have 25 turn dimming adjustment & space for adding an additional additional 3 amp controller and/or the circuit for automatically turning on up to 10 LEDs when train stops or on loss of track power to add auto on stair and/or rear porch lighting - SL9600000 Auto circuit to turn on up to 10 LEDs when train stops on loss of track power 14.95.
- Case w LED ctrl/dim, uSCap Power Buffer (ctrl/dim LEDs w/o tk power)
- SL6602511 Case w .25F11V MicroSCap Buffer, LED ctrl/dim, under short car or inside car mount >30sec/8 LEDs ** $42.95
- SL 8602511 Case w .25F11V MicroSCap Buffer, LED ctrl/dim, under long car or inside car mount >30sec/8 LEDs ** $42.95
- Case w LED ctrl/dim, 2xuSCap Power Buffer (ctrl/dim >LEDs w/o tk power) **
- SL6605011 Case w .5F11V MicroSCap Buffer, LED ctrl/dim, under short car or inside car mount >60sec/8 LEDs ** $51.95
- SL8605011 Case w .5F11V MicroSCap Buffer, LED ctrl/dim, under long car or inside car mount >60sec/8 LEDs ** $51.95
- Case w LED ctrl/dim, 4xuSCap Power Buffer (ctrl/dim >LEDs w/o tk power) **
- SL6610011 Case w 1F11V MicroSCap Buffer, LED ctrl/dim, under short car or inside car mount >2min/8 LEDs ** $59.95
- SL8610011 Case w 1F11V MicroSCap Buffer, LED ctrl/dim, under long car or inside car mount >2min/8 LEDs ** $59.95
- Case w LED ctrl, SCap Power Buffer (ctrl - NO Dimmer & run >300 LEDs w/o tk power)
- SL6525011 2.5F 11V Super Cap Buffer Case w LED ctrl, under short car mounting or inside any car >5min/8 LEDs $59.95
- SL8525011 2.5F 11V Super Cap Buffer Case w LED ctrl, under long car mounting or inside any car >5min/8LEDs $59.95
- Weatherproof Case + LED Controller - Dimmer + Anti-Flicker Capacitor: (LED Controller - Dimmer with Anti-Flicker Buffer)
- These LED Controller/dimmer have anti-flicker capacitor buffers with a weather proof case for mounting under long or short cars or inside any car. Any of the Cases below be made full waterproof when desired, contact us for user instructions.
- SL8600140 Case w 14KuF 25V anti-flicker LED ctrl/dim, under long car or inside car mount >2sec/8 LEDs** $33.95
- SL6600140 Case w 14KuF 25V anti-flicker LED ctrl/dim, under short car or inside car mount >2sec/8 LEDs** $33.95
- The SL-6600140 Weather Proof Case w 14KuF 25V anti-flicker LED controller and dimmer for under any short car or inside any size car, features >2sec/8 LEDs
Provides both 3 amps of LED power and dimming for an entire train with anti-flicker caps for >2 seconds per 8 LEDs without power. Optionally available for analog users is a porch light controller so the lights on the outside of the car over the steps come on only when the train stops so passengers do not loose their footing. This optional feature adds interesting lighting automation to the railroad not otherwise available. A second 3 amp voltage regulator can also be installed inside the case for powering sound systems or other accessories. (car, mtl wheel, BB wheel with power cable is not included with this item but available at our store)
Cases above with ** have 25 turn dimming adjustment & space for adding an additional 3 amp controller and/or the SL SL9600000 automatic passenger boarding light control circuit. The automatic controlled boarding lighting can be placed over the stairs and platform areas at each end of a car and come on when the trains pulls to a stop inside a station. The $14.95 SL9600000 circuit automatically turns on up to 10 LEDs when train stops - order with your choice of LED controllers marked with ** (2 asterisks) and installation is free.
- Optional Power Buffer without LED controller (LED controller also required):
- SL-8102014 .25F11V miniCap Buffer with case for inside car roof or wall mounting (LED controller required)
- SL 6132104 2.5 Farad 10.8 Volt low cost high efficiency Gold Cap buffer without case or LED controller (required)
Analog train operators can add the SL 6132104 2.5 Farad 10.8 Volt low cost high efficiency Gold Cap buffer for over 6 minutes of lighting without track power with the 4 LED drop ceiling fixture. 2 drop ceilings (8 LEDs) last over 3 minutes, 4 drop ceilings (16 LEDs) will run for over 90 seconds. The the SL 6132104 super capacitors are on wire so they can be invisibly placed under the car seating and the controller fits easily on the the inside wall of any passenger car. (not included with item)
- DCC Decoder Control Options:
- ESU Lokpilot 4.0 function decoder for MTS/DCC remote on/off and digital dimming + 7 extra functions or lighting control functions
- DCC users can set the porch lights to come on when the train in stopped in a forward direction for automated platform illumination
- Toilet lights and interior lighting can also be dimmed individually and toilet lights can be set to come on and off automatically.
Each fixture comes with two stainless steel mounting screws and a free mounting plate (when requested at time of ordering) for mounting on cars without LGB type mounting studs. Also included are two 18 inch long black twin micro cables for wiring.
The large opal white lamps provides even illumination and all circuit components, electrical parts and wires are hidden inside the fixture for a prototypical appearance. and keeps wires in the wire channel of the roof for easy roof removal and replacement. The fixture hides wires that can be routed down the inside walls of your car for wheel power pickup and/or run from car.
Additional LEDs can be added to the fixture at any time by wiring in parallel to the existing LEDs. The long positive lead is wired to the the leg of an LED connected to a RED positive wire. The short LED leg is wired to leg of an LED wired to a green negative wire. Each SL LED controller can operate up to 300 LEDs in parallel so add LEDS wherever you desire.
The micro power cable included with the boards makes a super clean and prototypical appearance as shown above. (train not included with item)
White latex paint can be added to the back side of LEDs when mounted on a roof without sky lights. For roofs with a copula windows (sky lights) no white reflective paint is added so that LEDs can illuminate BOTH down into the inside of the car AND up into the copula and its windows for a prototypical appearance as shown in photos. (train not included with item)
For indoor or outdoor use. Note the SL LED regulator mounted to the bottom of the car above that can power up to 300 LEDs or over 70each 4LED fixtures.
Don't leave your passengers in the dark! (train car and figures not included with item)
Questions? Call 310-622-4431
Thanks for looking - Shourt Line by Soft Works Ltd.
copyright 2016 ShourtLine.com - Soft Works Ltd. all rights reserved